The Fermata Club
The Fermata Club is a family friendly facility that offers swimming, tennis and social benefits to members. Memberships are available on an annual basis. The Fermata Club is an equal opportunity employer with a diversified membership. The Fermata Club has been a part of Aiken for 58 years, providing a place for recreation and competitive exercise. Tennis programs are offered year round and the pool is open from May to October. Red Cross Certified instructors offer swim lessons for members and non-members. Swim team for girls and boys provides a fun atmosphere for competitive exercise. Learn more.
Workday – Saturday Friday, March 16th starting at 9 a.m.
It is that time of year when we have long lists of things to get done at the pool. We will have a member workday this Saturday, March 18th to start general cleanup and repairs.
We will start at 9 a.m. but let me know if you want to get there earlier and we will accommodate!
Here is a list of possible work tasks:
1. Replace caulking around doors and baseboards in bathrooms
2. Replace baseboard by shower and wall to right of door in men’s room.
3. Wash walls both bathrooms, concession and office and windows
4. Pools: clean out gutters, scrub sides and brush from side
5. Weed & Feed lawn at pool and along sidewalk
6. Repair benches (wooden). Need welder for legs
7. Repair/replace door frame to pump room.
8. Replace threshold to concession stand
9. Weed gardens
10. Tennis concerns — tighten and repair benches. Prepare for refinishing
If you have a particular work task that you would like to do, let me know and I will make certain we have the supplies! Anything you can bring to help get the job done will be appreciated.
Does anyone have a back hoe or suitable machinery to dig out our detention pond? Let me know if so.
Any and all help is appreciated. We recognize several activities are happening on Saturday. Let us know if you are available another day and we will make the arrangements!
- Paint Class – Friday, March 24 at 10 am in The Main Building of Fermata – DETAILS
Amaze yourself! Come enjoy a favorite beverage (bring your own) and leave with your hand-painted masterpiece!
Instructor Susie Wessel will teach us each step to create a lovely springtime flower painting.
Class limited to 20, so call soon to reserve your spot! COST: $15 per member, $18 non-member (all supplies furnished…no experience necessary) For Reservation Call: Carolyn Beeler 803-617-9058